ASHWATER PRIMARY SCHOOL
(a community school)
Ashwater, Beaworthy, Devon, EX21 5EW
e.mail address: email@example.com
'To achieve quality in everything we do'
Our commitment to this will be demonstrated by:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Aims for Children, Staff. Parents/Carers and Governors
- showing that practice makes perfect
- striving in everything we do to be better
- achieving consistency of approach and teaching
- having clear targets
We aim to:
- make Ashwater School a happy, exciting and enjoyable place.
- care and support each other.
- always try to do our best.
- keep on trying even when things are difficult or don't run smoothly.
- help everyone to feel successful.
- make the most of every opportunity.
- make our school a place we can be proud of.
Ashwater Primary School was built in 1900 of local stone. There are two main classrooms, hall, conservatory, ICT/library, kitchen and cloakroom/toilet facilities. The grounds consist of a playground, outdoor play activity area, orchard, outdoor classroom, football field and environmental centre with a study pond and garden plots. The school has its own catering facilities. Ashwater Pre-school uses the rooms on the ground floor of the school house. The Head Teacher's room, administration office and resources room are on the school house first floor.
The school caters for children from rising fives to eleven years of age. Classes are organised according to age at present - one class for Foundation/KS1 and one class for KS2. Each class therefore contains a cross‑section of abilities, aptitudes and ages.
For New Parents
If you would like to make an appointment to view the school please contact the school office (01409 211228) between the times of 9.00am – 3.30pm.